Wembley Boycott Appeal
An appeal to Supporters of Manchester Utd
The Wembley Boycott is a campaign aimed at raising awareness of the level of disgust felt by Manchester Utd supporters over the following aspects of the 2007 'showcase` Wembley FA Cup Final:
- the pathetic 25,000 ticket allocation to supporters of the two participating teams;
- the miniscule allocation of just 4,000 tickets priced at £35 for both sets of supporters;
- the extortionate cost of the other allocated tickets, priced £60, £80 and £95;
- the fact that the arrangements for the Club Wembley area will deny those seated there the right to fully participate in supporting their team;
- the outrageous price of the programme, the merchandise and the refreshments.
Whilst some supporters will, should they have been fortunate enough to receive a ticket, be likely to purchase a matchday programme - itself overpriced - we urge all attending to boycott the other official Wembley merchandise and, in particular, the official Wembley refreshment outlets.
It appears to us that the FA is making the ordinary football supporter pay in hard cash for what was the farce that took place over the budgeting, planning and completion of the new Wembley Stadium. It is clear that those responsible for recouping the massive overspend in the Wembley budget are hoping to claw back as much as they can from those attending football matches at the stadium.
At least 21,000 supporters from both sides will have been forced to pay a minimum of £60 for their tickets. Don`t let those running the FA and Wembley take a penny more from you.
Don`t stuff yourselves
STUFF THE FA!
This appeal is being supported by followers of Chelsea FC
Wembley Boycott Press Release 10/05/07
The Wembley Boycott campaign group is pleased to announce a joint initiative between supporters of both Chelsea FC and Manchester Utd FC to distribute 20,000 flyers amongst each set of supporters before their respective home matches on Sunday 13/05/07. The flyers will urge them to boycott both the official Wembley merchandise and catering.
The attached examples of the flyer are self-explanatory. Any press or media related enquiries should, in the first instance, be directed to;
(Chelsea) Kelvin Barker
(Man Utd) Andy
Wembley Boycott Committee