Manchester United v Liverpool - Fascinating Facts
Two giants of English football go head-to-head, this Saturday, in a Premier League fixture.
Here at Vital Manchester United we`ve taken time out to bring you a few facts and figures that might interest you.
• The two sides have met a total of 169 times in the league, Manchester United lead the way with 67 wins to the 55 of Liverpool, with the remainder being drawn.
• In all competitions, the last 4 games between the two sides have ended as draws.
• When it comes to Premier League fixtures between the two sides, there have been 16 red cards issued, only the derby fixture between Liverpool and Everton has generated more, 21.
• Manchester United have played 19 games, in all competitions at Old Trafford and have lost on just the 1 occasion with the remaining fixtures yielding 16 wins and 2 draws.
• Compared to the similar stage of last season, Manchester United have, this season, accumulated 8 more points.
• Jose Mourinho doesn`t have a good record against Jurgen Klopp, in 8 meetings between teams managed by the duo, Jose has won just 1, drawn 4 and lost 3.
• If Romelu Lukaku scores, he will reach the 100 goal mark in the Premier League, becoming the 5th youngest player to do so. The odds-on Lukaku doing so are good as the Belgian has scored on his last 4 appearances at Old Trafford.
• Liverpool will provide stiff opposition, they are the form team in the Premier League having taken 25 points from the last 30 available.
• Liverpool enter this game having lost just 1 of their last 20 Premier League games, with the other 19 games yielding 14 wins and 5 draws.
• Away from home Liverpool have scored 34 Premier League goals, the highest in the league, their last 3 away games have all yielded wins with Liverpool scoring 10 goals and conceding 0.
• Mohamed Salah is a man on a rich-vein of scoring form, the Egyptian striker has scored in each of the last 5 Premier League games.