Sevilla 0 United 0 - Post-Match Stat Attack
Everything is to play for in the Champions League last-16 knockout tie, against Sevilla, after a goal-less draw in the first-leg in Spain.
After the final whistle had sounded we took the opportunity to dig into the record and form books to bring you a few fascinating facts
• When it comes to playing away from home in the Champions League, Manchester United are finding it a struggle to score, 5 of their last 7 fixtures have seen them fail to score.
• But, on the other hand, the Manchester United defence is looking rock solid, the 0-0 draw against Sevilla was clean-sheet number 9 in the last 11 matches in all competitions. This season United have kept 23 clean-sheets in all competitions, a figure no other Premier League can either match or beat.
• The game against Sevilla was the 23rd time Manchester United have played out a 0-0 draw in the Champions League, it is a record they share with the mighty AC Milan.
• Sevilla have played 19 home games in the Champions League, the fixture against Manchester United was the first time they`ve not scored.
• Continuing on a theme, the fixture was also the first time Sevilla have failed to score in a home European tie since September 2005 when they played FSV Mainz in a UEFA Cup fixture.
• Sevilla had 25 shots in the fixture, only Arsenal, with 33 have registered more this season.