Newcastle v Manchester United - Fascinating Facts
St James Park beckons for Manchester United this Sunday, but what do the record and form books tell us about our chances against Newcastle?
Here are a few fascinating facts to give you an insight:
• Manchester United, when it comes to the last 28 Premier League meetings between the two sides have a very distinctive edge, winning 19, drawing 7 and losing just 2.
• The last 13 Premier League visits to St James Park have also seen the results favour Manchester United with the games yielding 9 wins, 3 draws and just the 1 loss.
• Manchester United have scored 92 Premier League goals against Newcastle, the Geordies haven`t conceded as man against any other club.
• The last 6 Premier League games have seen Manchester United keep 5 clean-sheets.
• So far this season, Manchester United have kept 15 clean-sheets, the most in the Premier League.
• The last 10 Premier League fixtures Manchester United have played have yielded 6 wins, 3 draws and just the 1 defeat, away to Tottenham Hotspur.
• In 6 Premier League matches at St James Park, Jose Mourinho has failed to see his side win, losing 3 and drawing 3.
• In the last 4 Premier League games he has played in against Newcastle, Alexis Sanchez has failed to score.