United 1 City 2 - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
Following the disappointing loss to City at Old Trafford, a result that gives the blue half of Manchester the bragging rights, we`ve cobbled together some fascinating post-match facts.
• Only on 2 occasions have United conceded 2 goals at Old Trafford in a Premier League game since Jose Mourinho took over the managerial role, on both occasions it has been Manchester City who have done so and on both occasions the result has been 2-1.
• Pep Guardiola appears to have the Indian sign over Jose Mourinho, on 9 occasions Jose has lost matches, in all competitions, to Guardiola, Jose hasn`t lost as many against any other manager.
• City`s dominance in the game is emphasised by the possession percentage statistics with United only having 35%, the lowest percentage at Old Trafford since Opta started collecting this kind of date back in the 2003 / 2004 season.
• Against City, Romelu Lukaku failed to score, the Belgian striker has now scored just 5 goals in his past 40 Premier League appearances against the so-called 'big-six`.
• When it comes to being involved in goals, Marcus Rashford leads the way for Manchester United, the young striker, in 12 games in all competitions, has been involved in 11 goals, scoring 6 and providing 5 assists.