CSKA Moscow v United - Fascinating Facts and Figures
The Champions League campaign resumes for Manchester United this Wednesday evening with a tough game in Russia, against CSKA Moscow.
Ahead of the clash we`ve gathered together a few facts and figures you may find interesting.
• The last 4 meetings between the two clubs have favoured Manchester United with United earning 2 wins and 2 draws.
• Manchester United have never lost a fixture in Russia and in 2008 won the Champions League Final, against Chelsea, via a penalty shoot-out at Moscow`s Luzhniki Stadium
• CSKA Moscow have not fared well in the Champions League on their last 4 campaigns finishing bottom of their group.
• This will be the 7th time Jose Mourinho has faced CSKA Moscow as a manager, the previous 6 occasions have produced 5 wins and 1 draw.
• Manchester United`s away form in the Champions League leaves a lot to be desired, they`ve won just 1 of the last 10 they`ve played, that win came in November 2013 against Bayer Leverkusen.