Southampton v Manchester United - Fascinating Facts
The focus switches to the south-coast this Saturday as Manchester United look to maintain their unbeaten record in the Premier League when they face Southampton at St Marys.
Ahead of the game we`ve cobbled together a few facts and figures that you might find interesting.
• Of the last 22 meetings, Manchester United have won 16, lost 3 and drawn 3.
• Southampton enter this game having on the brink of equalling their longest winless streak against a single opponent. Previously the Saints have gone 7 home games against Middlesbrough and Liverpool.
• Southampton, when it comes to defeats in the Premier League in this fixture, have registered 24, their worst record against any opponent.
• If Manchester United win this fixture, it will give them a record of 5 wins and 1 draw from the opening 6 games of the season, in the process amassing 16 points, this would equal their best ever start to a Premier League campaign.
• This season Manchester United have scored 9 goals in the 80th minute or later, that figures is more goals than the total goal tally of 17 Premier League sides.
• If Romelu Lukaku scores, he will become the first player to score at St Mary`s for 3 different clubs having already scored there for both West Bromwich Albion and Everton.
• When it comes to goals, 8 players have scored for Manchester United this season, a Premier League high.
• Manchester United`s recent away form isn`t that spectacular, the last 6 games have seen 1 win, 3 draws and 2 defeats.
• When it comes to scoring at home, Southampton have been struggling, they`ve failed to score in 8 of their last 10 Premier League matches.
• When it comes to winning games at home, Southampton have been struggling, they`ve won just 2 of the last 11.
• In 5 games played this season, Southampton have managed to keep 3 clean-sheets.