Stoke 2 United 2 - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
A total of ten points from twelve available has seen Manchester United get the 2017 / 2018 season off to a good start.
Following the 2-2 draw with Stoke City, on Saturday evening, we took the opportunity to plough through the record and form books to bring a few fascinating facts.
• Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired, back in 2013, Manchester United have failed to win any of their 5 away games against Stoke, drawing 3 and losing 2.
• When Choupo-Moting scored in the 43rd minute it was the first goal Manchester United had conceded in the Premier League for 535 minutes, the last one being scored by Harry Kane, back in May 2017.
• Our teenage striker, Marcus Rashford, has now scored 12 Premier league goals for Manchester United, only Wayne Rooney, with 15, has scored more goals for Manchester United, as a teenager.
• The goal Romelu Lukaku netted was his 150th in club football.
• The Stoke City striker, Choupo-Moting, became the first player since Afonso Alves, in April 2008, to open his Premier League goal account by scoring two in the same game.
• Romelu Lukaku has now scored 4 goals in his first 4 Premier League games for Manchester United, matching the achievements of Luis Saha, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robin van Persie.