United v West Ham - Stat Attack
The big kick-off is drawing nearer, West Ham United are the first team Manchester United will encounter in the 2017 / 2018 season.
The Hammers arrive at Old Trafford for a Sunday fixture, but what do the record and form books tell us to expect?
Here are a few facts and figures for you to mull over:
• When it comes to fixtures between the two sides, at Old Trafford, Manchester United have won 17, drawn 2 and lost 2.
• The last time Manchester United lost to West Ham was back in May 2016 when they were beaten 3-2 in the last ever fixture at Upton Park.
• Manchester United have not lost against West Ham United, at Old Trafford, for ten years, when a goal from Carlos Tevez was enough to give the Hammers a win.
• Manchester United have a good opening day record, in the last 13 opening day fixtures at Old Trafford, Manchester United have won 9, drawn 3 and lost just that 1.
• When it comes to games being played on a Sunday, Jose Mourinho has yet to lose. In 112 fixtures, Jose has won 86 and drawn 26, a remarkable record.
• Jose has never lost an opening day fixture in the Premier League, winning 7 and drawing 1.
• Bet on Romelu Lukaku to get his first Premier League game for Manchester United, our new signing has scored in 7 of his last 8 games against West Ham United.