Middlesbrough v United - Fascinating Facts
As we prepare for a high-noon kick-off at the Riverside Stadium this Sunday, here at Vital Manchester United we`ve dug up some facts to fascinate you.
• The last time Manchester United were beaten by Middlesbrough was on Teeside back in October 2005 when United were walloped 4-1. Since that defeat United are unbeaten in 8 games, winning 5 and drawing 3.
• In all competitions, it is 12 games since Manchester United have been beaten by Middlesbrough, however, our hosts this weekend did knock United out of the League Cup, albeit in a penalty shoot-out, last season.
• Manchester United have scored in each of the last 14 away games, in the league, against Middlesbrough, their longest run against another club.
• Middlesbrough enter this fixture having not won any of the 10 Premier League games they have played since Christmas.
• If Manchester United win this weekend it will be the 1000th game Middlesbrough have suffered in top-flight football.
• Middlesbrough may be on a poor run of form in recent times but their defence is solid, only 4 clubs have conceded fewer goals than our hosts this weekend.
• Manchester United enter this fixture on a 17 game unbeaten run in the Premier League, the longest by any side this season.
• Manchester United have conceded just 12 goals away from home in the Premier League, a figure that only Chelsea can match.
• If, as we suspect, Antonio Valencia starts, he will be making his 200th Premier League appearance.