Club Sec Needed For FC United
Club Secretary Position Advertised
Position Advertised: CLUB SECRETARY
Up to £20,000 pa
FC United of Manchester are now accepting applications for the job of Club Secretary. The successful applicant will be required to support the Chief Executive in achieving the Club`s aims and carry out the responsibilities required in the Club rules.
The club have ambitious and long-term plans and therefore require a talented and exceptional individual to fulfil this important position. The Secretary will help the club achieve its ambitions of being a successful, sustainable football club for the future which is owned and democratically run by its members and which is accessible to all the communities of Manchester.
To succeed in either of these roles you will need:
· To be a self starter and have the ability to self manage
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Effective negotiating skills
· Good IT Skills
· To be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
It is also desirable that you demonstrate experience in:
· Activity within the football supporters` movement ideally at Manchester United Football Club or FC United of Manchester.
· Working within the community, or with voluntary groups
· Managing people, both employees and volunteers
You will support the Chief Executive and report to both the Chief Executive and the Club Board. You will be responsible for ensuring the club affairs conform to the clubs` rules and for all relationships with the League, the FA, supporters and members. You will be an enthusiastic committed individual able to motivate and lead our member volunteers.
In addition to the above qualities you will need to have excellent organisational skills, be able to manage your time and prioritise effectively. You should also be able to demonstrate previous experience at producing publications and be willing to work unsociable hours.
This post will be located at our city centre based Manchester office.
Applicants should submit a written application which:
· Outlines how their experience meets the requirements of the job as specified in the job description and person specification; and:
· Includes a copy of their CV.
These should be sent to:
FC United of Manchester
221 Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
The Closing Date for applications is Friday 11 August.
Interviews will be held on Monday 21st August.
A full job specification can be downloaded here:
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.