Five Reasons Why United Will Beat Bayern Tonight
I outlined why Bayern will beat Manchester United in tonight's Champions League quarter-final game. Now it's the other side: let's see what points to a United victory.
1) United are the better team. As simple as that. We have a bigger squad, a better first-team and we are superior to Bayern in almost every position.
2) The suspension of Bastian Schweinsteiger. One of the more impressive performers of Bayern's season, he is a vital component of their midfield and will be sorely missed.
3) Wayne Rooney. Need I say more?
4) Bayern's defence. It's been porous all season: Daniel van Buyten and Martin Demichelis are having a poor campaign, poor Holger Badstuber has to fill in at left-back even though he's a centre-back by trade while Philip Lahm is out of form and struggling at right-back. They should be vulnerable to the attacking trio of Valencia, Rooney and Nani.
5) Robben's injury problems and Ribery's lack of commitment. The former is nursing a calf injury while the latter looks like his heart is not in what he's doing. A CL quarter-final against United might rouse him sufficiently but at present it looks like neither of Bayern's most dangerous players will be at 100 percent.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.