Five Reasons Bayern Will Beat United Tonight
OK, let's get the pessimism out of the way. We can lose against Bayern even though we are regarded as strong favourites to go through. Here are five reasons why we can lose.
1) We have never won at Bayern Munich. Granted, we played there only three times and lost only one of those games but still, we have never won there.
2) Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery. Bayern Munich boast the most feared wide men in Europe and they can seriously hurt United with their pace and skill.
3) Rooney and Ferdinand not fully fit. They have just recovered from minor niggles but who knows, it might still bother them. A little pain can be very distracting.
4) They are bloody Germans. You never know with Germans as Gary Lineker, for once, got it right, although in recent years football started to resemble a game when 22 men chase a ball and at the end United win. But still, they are Germans, we are English, football history suggests they win, we lose.
5) They are written off, completely, they are in bad form, they're struggling with injuries. Adversity can bring out the best from some teams and the Germans are masters of this. They're a dangerous, wounded animal.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.