UK time is: 18:50:24
Vital Login
Social Login

Choose your club

Other Sites

Network Navigation

Vital Partners

'If It's Football, It's Vital'

Italian Paper: United Want Ibrahimovic

Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport reports that Manchester United want to sign Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The 28-year-old Sweden man is believed to be angling for a move away from Inter Milan and United is his last chance, according to the paper.

I'm sceptical about this one: Ibrahimovic, despite all his obvious talent, never scored in a Champions League knockout tie, would cost a fortune and has an ego that dwarfs Ronaldo's. Not exactly the type of player we need at the moment, though he undoubtedly would be better than Michael Owen.




Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!



For the very latest Premier League odds

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

The Journalist

Writer: Zae Mail feedback, articles or suggestions

Date:Friday July 3 2009

Time: 3:26PM

Your Comments (oldest first)

Change to most recent first
Again I would repeat the same thing,if we are going to play with only 2 strikers,then I don't really see the need for such high profile strikers.All we require is cover for rooney and berba,someone like tevez who could come and score goals when required,would any of these star strikers be ready to take the bench when required that some the fans r demanding and when u look at the price tag of these players all I can think of is-No Thanks.
abmtd
Report Abuse
03/07/2009 17:04:00

Plus on one side we talk about developing young talented strikers like welbeck and macheda and then on the other hand u have some supporters calling for aguero and benzema who would surely kill of any chances of these guys making it at Old Trafford.In Rooney and Berba we already have world class strikers who r eager to prove any doubters wrong about their importance in the team
abmtd
Report Abuse
03/07/2009 17:13:00

All we have to hope is that these guys can play 70% of our games and the rest 30% can be shared between owen,macheda and welbeck.One can only imagine the knowledge that the likes of macheda,welbeck will receive from ole,owen,berba and roon,it will only make them better and sharper strikers.
abmtd
Report Abuse
03/07/2009 17:20:00

Alexis Sanchez or Luis Suarez people come on.
Paulinho
Report Abuse
03/07/2009 20:31:00

we'll not be bidding against you for this prima donna that's for sure!
merlin
Report Abuse
04/07/2009 13:20:00

Overrated clown.
Kanchelskis
Report Abuse
04/07/2009 19:28:00

I'm sorry abmtd Benzema and Aguero are better than Berbatov and fans rightly want the best for Utd, Wellbeck and Macheda have potential and if they are good enough they will play, we've lost Tevez and Ronaldo that's 2 of our attacking treats gone don't tell me that 2 youngsters and a yesterday man will fill the void, we need 4 strikers that we can rely on like when we had with Yorke,Cole,Ole,Sheringham, we as a club aim to win everything so therefore we play a lot of matches, look at how close the scousers were even though Gerrard and Torres, there 2 main attacking treats, were missing a lot, what if Rooney gets another metatarsal injury can you really see Owen playing 30 games for us, or Welbeck suddenly coming in and banging in goals, you send your youths out on loan to get experience not throw them into must win games, Rooney has no doubters he's the best player at the club but its not just strikers that we need, we lack a genuine treat from midfield now and that has to be sorted out.
Kanchelskis
Report Abuse
05/07/2009 18:10:00

 

Have Your Say

Log in...
with your social network     OR     with your Vital account

Recent Manchester United Articles

Ooh Saucy! (Tuesday March 31 2015)

Mata's Spanish Hope! (Tuesday March 31 2015)

Hernandez Growing Frustrated (Monday March 30 2015)

I Should Jolly Well Hope So! (Monday March 30 2015)

Is Now Hummels Time? (Monday March 30 2015)

Ibrahimovic for United? (Sunday March 29 2015)

Nani`s Coming Back (Sunday March 29 2015)

Archived Manchester United Articles

List All Vital United Articles
Have your say
Click here to suggest an article
Click here to suggest a poll
ScoopDragon Premier League Network Sites

League Table (view table)

Team P W D L GD Pts
1. Chelsea 29 20 7 2 36 67
2. Man City 30 18 7 5 34 61
3. Arsenal 30 18 6 6 27 60
4. Man Utd 30 17 8 5 25 59
5. Liverpool 30 16 6 8 12 54
6. Southampton 30 16 5 9 21 53
7. Spurs 30 16 5 9 5 53

Breaking League News

Did You Watch England Last Night?
West Ham : 01/04/2015 18:44:01
Hammers on the Trail of Onuoha
West Ham : 01/04/2015 18:37:01
Who Gained The Most?
Spurs : 01/04/2015 18:36:00
Carroll Out for Season?
Spurs : 01/04/2015 18:16:01
How About Our Friend Raheem?
Chelsea : 01/04/2015 18:01:01

Current Site Poll (view all polls)

United v Villa?
Suggested By:  Red Boy
United to Win! 100%
Villa to Win! 0%
Draw! 0%