What Do We Know About The Ronaldo Saga?
Much has been written and said recently about Cristiano Ronaldo and his desire to join the world's biggest PR machine, Real Madrid. Here is your guide to it. Expect no chronological (or logical at all) order.
- Ronaldo wants to join Real - if the money is right for him and for United
- Ronaldo stays in Manchester, according to his mother
- Ronaldo is certain to leave, according to his brother
- The Glazers would leave Ronaldo in the stands rather than sell him, according to Fergie
- The papers say the Glazers would give the money received for Ronaldo to Fergie, for the purchase of new players
- Fergie has been banned from Portugal's training ground by Ronaldo
- Fergie had no wish to interrupt his family holiday in France therefore he wasn't banned from anywhere
- Portugal coach Scolari would let the pair of them clear the air with talks
- According to the papers, United can demand a record fee for Ronaldo as the club is not forced to sell and Calderon needs this signing badly in order to strengthen his position
- According to the papers, United weakened their own position by saying that they would rather let Ronaldo sitting in the stands than sell him - now it's Real who hold the aces
- Calderon said money did not matter to them
- Figo, Makelele, Van Nistelrooy, Schuster, Ramos, Robinho believe Ronaldo should sign for Real
- Bryan Robson, Ian Wright, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Eric Cantona, Oliver Holt (!!) believe Ronaldo should stay
- United have no evidence against Real in 'tap-up report'
- Ronaldo was pictured with Real fitness coach Valter di Salvo, once a United employee and a close friend of the Portuguese
- Ronaldo does not want to leave, merely wishes to receive a new, improved contract, according to rumours
- According to other rumours, Fergie ordered the club to give him that bleeding contract
- Yet another rumour pack says no matter what we offer as Real's Ł300,000 a week deal will sway him
That's it. It's all clear now, isn't it?